Saturday 16 February 2013

Pitch Presentation No.3

Summary

My third presentation was a general recap of all the work that had taken place since the last presentation in last semester, so there was a lot to show. I have also put up some up the highlights of the presentation with some images of slides.

To recap, I basically showcased my previous games and versions of Destony, the flash retro version and the version with the improved art. I talked about my research aim and project and how it has changed since I handed in my proposal.


I started to use my 3rd and final game engine and programming language Unity due to it's wide foundation of support online and it's wise integration with various platforms. So that means I went from coding in Lua on Corona, to coding in Actionscript 3 in Adobe Flash to coding in Javascript in Unity 3.5.

I also showed a mock concept art piece to represent Destony if it was to have a more solemn or eerie atmosphere.


I also showed how my blog was going in semester 2, as well as a mock up of my exhibition and what I want it to look like. Also at the end of every presentation I have a critical reflection of my work. 





Feedback

Again, the feedback was quite interesting, as Ryan who was quite excited for my project said that the original aim seems to be deviating and he was right as my original aim had changed from seeing how art effects game-play  to studying visual and systems as a whole.

Appraisal:

  • Great research as usual.
  • Good to see you starting finally deciding on what game format to use.
  • Keeping up with advancing your art skills is always great to see.

Constructive Criticism:

  • Would be great for us to start seeing what the end result of your project is going to be. Might be good to think about that.
  • Find a way to incorporate all your great research into your final project.

No comments:

Post a Comment