Tuesday 12 February 2013

Creating Subtle Shadows with New Copic Markers

As the same as last year, I am trying to keep up with my personal development work. Here are some drawings I did for Life drawing which I try to attend every week. Looking back now at the drawings I have, I can see that I am improving my general skills and feel a lot more confident that I am able to draw anything I set out to draw. I remember in the past, I always found it to be a struggle to actually develop and establish a certain style, although looking at my drawings bellow, I feel that I finally have an art style, which is based on using thin lines and soft tones to establish the image.

I recently bought a set of grey scale COPIC markers which have been a great help in establishing a deeper and eye catching image. It really makes the image pop off of the page and really adds more interest to the image. I found it amazing how such a simple addition to the page could create such meaningful results.

The above image was a 15 Minute sketch of another sketch in the life drawing room which displays 3 figures which were expressed so well and their dynamic poses with minimal line-work which I thought worked really well.

The above image was of the model Olympia which I felt I was really happy with, it was a 15 minute pose but I really felt that I captured her anatomy correctly and it really has some life within it. 

 The above sketch was a 15 minute sketch of the model in a very interesting and challenging position, although somehow it turned out really well and I was really happy with the final results. The subtle lines that were drawn and the overall composition and use of colour made this turn out quite strikingly.    
The image above was of the model standing up and was another 15 minute pose. I was happy with the way this one turned out and the dark grey shading of the hair turned out really well and brought more depth to the image.


The image bellow was a quick sketch of the lecture environment and the first proper time I used the COPIC marker pens and they really do bring great results and I plan to use them as a congruent theme throughout this year's sketchbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment