Monday 21 January 2013

34°C to -1°C, Hot to Cold & Schedule

Just getting back from Australia and visiting my girlfriend, it is now time to get back to work, I feel that this blog has been rather regimented and structured in it's appearance so far and I want to mix it up with more honest accounts of my own personal life and my progress.

Working on my coursework in Australia, Brisbane was at times a struggle, as the heat is insane and it often can dishearten one to keep on working when it is so hot. Luckily, there was air conditioning where I was staying, so it made things more bearable.

The hand in period has just ended and being back to the UK ad seeing that the whole of the UK is plunged in snow is quite the contrast to the former heated experience of everything being overwhelmingly hot. From one extreme to another it made me really think about working conditions and what working conditions est suit me when I work. Being in Australia and working from home, I realized that working from Home is quite difficult and that working in a library or at University is a much more conducive atmosphere to gaining a better work output ratio. I also think that it helps to work when it colder rather than it being hotter, you actually are inspired to get things done when the cold keeps you on your feet.

For the next few months, I have previously created a schedule of how things are going to proceed from now on and I am quite excited to get things going. My schedule will be quite intense and I plan to keep it that way and to really challenge myself to getting things done and pushing my current talents and abilities.






As said within the schedule, this week will be all about creating a outcomes that focus on game mechanics and that will be my focus as I start to create various aspects of my final piece.

The overall project that I create has to have some meaning and some depth and to create a theory which is very easy to understand and easy to use and interpret, throughout this project, I hope to really challenge myself and what I am used to to create things that I haven't really created before. This project gives me the opportunity to discover my passion and create a basis to help others find aspects of their passion within their gaming experience.

Looking at the schedule again, it seems like a reasonable amount to ask for and I feel that if I follow the schedule as it is meant to be followed, that I will be able to really succeed within creating this project and creating a final outcome that I and many others can really enjoy so it's enough of talking (that's for the dissertation) and more time for action.

No comments:

Post a Comment