Saturday 20 April 2013

Supervisor Meeting: Dissertation Draft Feedback

I had another meeting with my supervisor, this one was helpful in more ways than one and the whole session was pretty much about my dissertation. I handed in my 1st draft a few days before and my supervisor Dayna spent a decent amount of time meticulously correcting and suggesting ways of improvement within my dissertation and it was all marked with a red pen to make things clear and easy for me to correct.

Again Noticed Skill Gap

The main things that needed improvement after the feedback 'again' was my use of hyperbole, which I have personally recognized as a skill gap within my writing. I tend to get quite excited with passionate words which at times have little or no evidence of truth. This is something i would like to improve with through the rest of the semester as it has been something that my lecturer also mentioned in regards to marking my previous blog and I have improved since then, but there is always room for improvement.

Here is what was discussed during the meeting along with action steps for the future:

Meeting Agenda:

·        Dissertation draft corrections and feedback.
·        Getting ready for the showcase: printing business cards and preparing work.
·        Critical framework placement in Dissertation.
·        Planning the next meeting after Easter break.


Progress Report:

·        The Dissertation draft was completed early in order maximise feedback and create a further polished academic piece of writing.
·        The case studies were both inserted into the dissertation.
·        The bug of collecting the light box within the game has been fixed and you can now collect the item at all angled rather than just the bottom.


Agreed action points:

·        Have a 2nd draft completed by the end of Dayna’s Easter Break.
·        Remove the extreme uses of hyperbole within the dissertation.
·        Try and cut down on the word count as 13,500 words is quite exhaustive for an art based dissertation despite it being an interesting read.
·        Restructure the placement of your titles.
·        Start getting your work ready for submission, leave the dissertation alone for a while and work on developing the game further.

No comments:

Post a Comment