Thursday 11 April 2013

My Exhibiton Plan

The Original Plan

The original plan for my showcase is bellow. From the start, I wanted my character to pop out of the side, although had no idea of how to go about doing it nor did I know it was possible for printing companies out there to print your work straight onto a foam board. this is exactly what I need in order to create the 3D effect that I am going for and I am happy that I thought about this way early on within the project.

The plan was basically to have a large A2 poster to promote the game, as well as having 6 images of the game itself. Then a personal statement and business cards as well as a sketchbook. Then a card print out of the character was going to pop out from the side so that the showcase holds some originality as well as interest. 

Pros:

  • There is a lot of content and a large breadth of work on display.
  • It is simple and if set up right will give a polished and minimal look.
  • The pop out character is a large point of interest.

Cons:

  • The character may stick out too much and block the way of the public.
  • Two stands may be obstructive for the users. 
  • 6 images of gameplay and no production work is not ideal. 
This plan will surely change and be updated in the future, although it is always good to be reassured that you have a rough plan of future endeavors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment