Sunday 28 April 2013

Exhibiton Plan Update


The Updated Plan

I have now put a lot more thought into the execution of my showcase as well as thought about the spacing and the sizes of everything. It turns out that an A1 poster is certainly too big and would not be appropriate for my work piece. So I am now going for A2 instead which is a lot more appropriate.

Some major changes are that I have decided to add production work, I have also decided to add paper crafted models of the characters of the game. The promotional blocks on the right will be cubes that stick out of the wall which will give it a very nice 3D look. I have added signs which indicate 'PLAY THE GAME' and 'PLEASE TAKE ONE' which I hope will subliminally influence people to take action. I also plan on using one of the blocks to hold my business cards as well as host my project description. This is the current plan which I am quite happy with although everything is still subject to change during the actual final exposition  especially after seeing my space and how much of the computer gets in the way.



Pros:

  • Much more detail and content specific to the exposition requirements.
  • The new 3D assets will bring a sense of dynamism. 
  • Addition of production work is a great plus for others to see the progress and development of the game.
  • The business cards have a placeholder and object of attention.
  • Included signs for the people who visit for extra clarity.

Cons:

  • It will be fairly expensive to print all the required prints as well as time consuming to create the 3D assets.
  • There may be too much clutter and you may be going against the less is more rule.
  • The work at the bottom has text and may be hard to read.

The Tangible Test

In order for the exhibition to go smoothly, I felt that it wasn't enough to just print things our and hope for the best when it comes to sticking them up on the stands. So I took things into my own hands in creating a 7 foot by 4 foot space. This was done DIY style with a measuring tape and two ties that would be pinned to the top. It has created a great sense of space for me to understand what I am dealing with in a more tangible manner.

The bellow images are a duplication of my design above being put into real use on my bedroom wall. As you can see, they are all placeholder pieces of paper, although the size is fairly accurate to the final exhibition.

The only poster that is not made to size is the Isocronous A3 poster which will be replaced with a large A2 image that will pop out.

Here you can see a close up of how things look. I also made a fake name tag which in the exhibition will be replaced with vinyl text.

Here is another view from the other side and I think that if I manage to post everything as shown here, that the project will prove to be effective as planned. 



No comments:

Post a Comment