Friday 26 October 2012

Pitch Presentation No.1

Summary

The other day, I had my presentation to kick off my project. With nothing really clear at the beginning, it was a session full of a lot of questions and a lot of answers. The presentation went well overall and I was quite pleased with how I presented the floating thoughts within my head at the time.

The feedback received was really helpful, and made me realize that the area that I am working on is of much interest to many people and could really help advance peoples interest within game design and within the creation of a highly effective and innovative experience of this form.

Robin took particular interest in my project and said that it could also be a lifelong research project for me to further develop the academic sphere within games. That did get me quite inspired and pumped up to put as much effort into the project and see how it expands, possibly turning into something useful for yourself and others.




Feedback


Appraisal:

  • The presentation was intellectually invigorating.
  • There is a clearly defined aim and set of objectives early on.
  • Shown a in depth research and game exploration.

Constructive Criticism:

  • Although it is a coding project, the art is also very important and it's what you are talented at.
  • Be careful not to be trapped by defining your project so early on.
  • More evidence of work would be good in order to give me feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment