Thursday 4 October 2012

The Creativity of Indie Games

After a lot of research, I stumbled upon the video above which really got me inspired about what my project should be about. I decided that I knew what I really wanted to get out of this honours project and how I would go about doing it. The inspiration came within the video when I watched the part about Game Play and game mechanics, I have always pondered about what captures a games satisfaction and what makes a game fun to play, Zach Gage touches on this topic by talking about systemic significance within games and what it really means to have rules within a game which make it rewarding for a player to continue pursuing.




The image above is of Zach Gage, he is the creator of a very popular Iphone spelling puzzle game called 'Spelltower' which managed to be nominated for the Game City 2012 best game of the year competition. Zach Gage started off as an art student in his career, although as he got older, he realised that his true passion is within games and that was what he wanted to pursue, he is a real inspiration to me as a fellow artist who has a keen interest within video games.

No comments:

Post a Comment